After being unable to do much around the house for a week, I got quite a bit done over the weekend:
- reorganized spice cabinet. Tossed 20 expired ones. All spices/herbs now in two spots, not three (one spot is bulk storage; I have 3 qts each of dried bell peppers and dried basil that I grew)
- reorganized fabric stash. Went from 2 bins + a pile, to one bin, and one bag of 'in progress' that will be worked on shortly.
- One grocer bag to thrift
- One grocer bag for friends to look through; anything they don't take gets thrifted
- reorganized area over dryer.
- Less stuff on kitchen counters (yay!)
For the fabric stash - the bin is back in storage, and the one paper grocer sack is waiting near the sewing machine. I believe the projects in there include an underdress for my SCA closet, a couple of mundane tank tops, some stuff I'd started and dropped, and the black fleece teddy bear for DD to make in order to learn basic sewing. She knows I don't care if she keeps it up, I just want her to know basics so that if she needs the information later she'll have it.
I'm quite happy with this progress. The next planned target is the wardrobe; it's about time to flip over to warm weather clothes (despite getting an inch of snow Sunday!). That's for next weekend.
What are you planning on doing next?