This weekend, I was able to repack my carved chest. It had been used for general storage, so I emptied it out and I have repacked it with winter clothes and extra linens for my bedroom. The total volume of off-season clothes & extra linens that I am allowing myself to keep is what will fit in that chest. One thing that does help with this is that I keep the linens for each bedroom, inside that bedroom.
Some of the linens that didn't fit went to Roommate, who can use them. A full Outbox load came out as well. Doing this emptied one storage bin; unpacking the 'extra' coats emptied out another one. Neither bin will be refilled. I also unpacked my DVDs and CDs and put them away, allowing me to toss the empty box.
- box of books (library)
- Two empty storage bins (thrift donation)
- 13-gallon trash bag of items (thrift donation)
- broken cookie press (I kept the pattern rounds, though) (tossed)
- two other trips to thrift store, a full car load each time
- new cookie press (thrift store, $5, all pieces there)
- rug for underneath cat food, and the bench where our shoes go.
- Curtain hooks to use at laundry area & one window.